- The Freedom of the Will;
- Sound and Vision: The Music Video Reader.
- Fanny Seward: A Life.
- Roman Urbanism: Beyond The Consumer City.
- Theory of nonneutral plasmas.
- Positive Cash Flow: Powerful Tools and Techniques to Collect Your Receivables, Manage Your Payables, and Fuel Your Growth: Powerful Tools and Techniques ... Manage Your Payables and Fuel Your Growth.
- Sound and Vision: Music Video Reader - AbeBooks: .
- Surface effects in adhesion, friction, wear, and lubrication.
- The Complete Poems of Paul Laurence Dunbar [Illustrated].
- Shakespeare Collection, Volume Two (Twelve plays in one volume);
Addressing one of the most controversial forms of popular culture in the contemporary world, Sound and Vision confronts easy interpretations of music video - as promotional vehicles, filmic images and postmodern culture - to offer a new and bold understanding of its place in pop music, television and the media industries.
The book acknowledges the history of the commercial status of pop music as a whole, as well as its complex relations with other media. How did you decide to take on the academic path and become a researcher? After I finished my undergraduate degree in England I realized I was good enough at academic work to do postgraduate work, which would also give me a way of going to the USA.
This lead to a PhD and thus to a career in academia.
Sound and Vision: Music Video Reader
How did you become involved in studying popular music, in particular? And though this had nothing to do with my academic studies, as a grad student I did like reading, and so read all the books about popular music, jazz, blues, etc.
He became reviews editor of Rolling Stone and commissioned a few reviews from me when I got back to Britain. I suggested the book that was published as The Sociology of Rock.
Library Resource Finder: Table of Contents for: Sound and vision : the music video reade
Thereafter popular music became my specialist academic as well as journalistic field. My PhD had been on the history of education and I taught historical sociology, the sociology of culture, focusing on education and youth. From two directions. Academically, after Sociology of Rock was published I got to know other university people working on popular music in a variety of departments, disciplines and countries and was involved in the formation of the International Association for the Study of Popular Music and the journal, Popular Music , which were precisely forums for discussing what was involved in taking popular music seriously.
You are commenting using your Twitter account.
- Dihydrotestosterone - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References.
- Simon Frith.
- From Text to Political Positions: Text Analysis across Disciplines;
- Perspectives on Student Behaviour in Schools: Exploring Theory and Developing Practice.
- ‘Sound and vision: The music video reader’;
You are commenting using your Facebook account. Notify me of new comments via email. Notify me of new posts via email.
Sound and Vision : The Music Video Reader
Home About. Posts Comments. Share this: Twitter Facebook. Like this: Like Loading Leave a Reply Cancel reply Enter your comment here Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:. Email required Address never made public. Name required.