Aug 20, ISBN Pregnant women are told to avoid cold cuts, sushi, alcohol, and coffee without ever being told why these are forbidden. Rules for prenatal testing are similarly unexplained. Moms-to-be desperately want a resource that empowers them to make their own right choices.
Expecting Better by Emily Oster – review
When award-winning economist Emily Oster was a mom-to-be herself, she evaluated the data behind the accepted rules of pregnancy, and discovered that most are often misguided and some are just flat-out wrong. And it makes for valuable homework before those harried ob-gyn appointments, even for lucky patients whose doctors are able to talk about the rationale behind their advice.
She has done the work to get us the hard facts in a soft, understandable way. She cuts through the thicket of anxiety and received wisdom, and gives us the facts. Expecting Better is both enlightening and calming.
- Expecting Better;
- Expecting Better (e-bok) | ARK Bokhandel.
- Expecting Better.
It almost makes me want to get pregnant. Read An Excerpt. Paperback —.
Add to Cart. Pregnant women are often treated as if they were children, given long lists of items to avoid - alcohol, caffeine, sushi - without any real explanation from their doctors about why. They hear frightening and contradictory myths about everything from weight gain to sleeping on your back to bed rest from friends and pregnancy books. Oster offers the real-world advice one would never get at the doctor's office.
Knowing that the health of your baby is paramount, readers can know more and worry less. Having the numbers is a tremendous relief - and so is the occasional glass of wine. My Account. Advanced Search.
Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong--And…
Category Bestsellers. Once, Twice, Three Times an Aisling.
- Expecting Better by Emily Oster – review | Books | The Guardian.
- The Politics of Liberty in England and Revolutionary America.
- The Third Branch of Physics, Eassys in Scientific Computing;
- Expecting Better by Emily Oster | Waterstones;
- Catalytic Heterofunctionalization;
- Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom is Wrong—and What You Really Need to Know.
- Expecting Better : Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom is Wrong and What You Really Need to Know.
Author: Emily Oster. Binding: Paperback. Pages: